Daremberg sentence example
- Heussner, Die altchristlichen Orpheusdarstellungen (Leipzig, 1893); and the articles in Roscher's and Daremberg and Saglio's Lexicons.
- See articles in Roscher's Lexikon der Mythologie and Daremberg and Saglio's Dictionnaire des antiquites.
- We find a distinct and organized profession; we find a system of treatment, especially in regard to injuries, which it must have been the work of long experience to frame; we meet with a nomenclature of parts of the body substantially the same (according to Daremberg) as that employed long afterwards in the writings of Hippocrates; in short, we find a science and an organization which, however imperfect as compared with those of later times, are yet very far from being in their beginning.
- The elaborate collections made by Daremberg of medical notices in the poets and historians illustrate the relations of the profession to society, but do little to prepare us for the Hippocratic period.
- There is no doubt that his work is chiefly a compilation; and Daremberg, with other scholars, has traced a large number of passages of the Latin text to the Greek originals from which they were translated.Advertisement
- Daremberg (1817-1872) in France, and Heinrich Haser (1811-1888) and August Hirsch, Diels, Weltmann and Julius Pagel in Germany, will prove to our children that tradition was as safe in our hands as progress itself.
- See Leon Mallinger, Medee: etude sur la litterature comparee, an account of Medea in Greek, Roman, middle age and modern literature (1898); and the articles in Daremberg and Saglio's Dictionnaire des antiquites and Roscher's Lexikon der Mythologie.
- Hild, Etude sur les demons (1881) and article in Daremberg and Saglio's Dictionnaire des antiquites.
- Daremberg's edition of the Ouvres choisies (2nd ed., Paris, 1855) includes the Oath, the Law, the Prorrhetics, book i., the Prognostics, On Airs, Waters, and Places, Epidemics, books i.
- Hild, in Daremberg and Saglio, Dictionnaire des antiquites.Advertisement
- Thedenat in Daremberg and Saglio, Dictionnaire des antiquites.
- Helbig, Das homerische Epos aus den Denkmalern erlautert (1884), and the article "Currus" in Daremberg and Saglio, Dictionnaire des Antiquites.
- Bouche-Leclercq in Daremberg and Saglio, Dictionnaire des antiquites; Marquardt, Roinische Staatsverwaltung, iii.
- Lenormant in Daremberg and Saglio, Dictionnaire des Antiquites.
- Preller, Griechische Mythologie; article "Hercules" in Daremberg and Saglio, Dictionnaire des antiquites.Advertisement
- Gerhard, Uber den Gott Eros (1850); articles in Roscher's Lexikon der Mythologie, Daremberg and Saglio's Dictionnaire des antiquites, and Pauly-Wissowa's Realencyclopadie.
- There are separate editions of the Eikones by Schenkl and Reisch (Leipzig, 1902); of the Gymnasticus by Mynas (1858), who discovered the MS., Daremberg (Paris, 1858), Volckmar (Aurich, 1862), and especially Julius Jiithner (1909), with introd., comments and Ger.