Darboy sentence example
- GEORGES DARBOY (1813-1871), archbishop of Paris, was born at Fayl-Billot in Haut Marne on the 16th of January 1813.
- It is a noteworthy fact that Darboy was the third archbishop of Paris who perished by violence in the period between 1848 and 1871.
- Darboy was the author of a number of works, of which the most important are a Vie de St Thomas Becket (1859), a translation of the works of St Denis the Areopagite, and a translation of the Imitation of Christ.
- Darboy (Paris, 1889), and J.
- Darboy (Paris, 1888), biographies written from the clerical standpoint, which have called forth a number of pamphlets in reply.Advertisement
- He took rather a prominent part in the discussions at the council, associating himself with Felix Dupanloup and with Georges Darboy, archbishop of Paris, in his opposition to the doctrine of Infallibility, and supporting their arguments from his vast knowledge of ecclesiastical history.