Dantzig sentence example
- The Dantzig painter named in Italy Pandolfo Reschi was his pupil.
- In the East, the German Order, while enjoying Hanseatic privileges, frequently opposed the policy of the League abroad, and was only prevented by domestic troubles and its Hinterland enemies from playing its own hand in the Baltic. After the fall of the order in 1467, the towns of Prussia and Livland, especially Dantzig and Riga, pursued an exclusive trade policy even against their Hanseatic confederates.
- At the Hanseatic assembly of 1469, Dantzig, Hamburg and Breslau opposed the maintenance of a compulsory staple at Bruges in the face of the new conditions produced by a widening commerce and more advantageous markets.
- He was driven by a storm on the coast near Dantzig.
- In Prussia and Lithuania 283,000 persons perished; Dantzig, Hamburg and other northern cities suffered severely.Advertisement
- C. Schultz, Danzig and seine Bauwerke (Berlin, 1873); Wistulanus, Geschichte der Stadt Danzig (Danzig, 1891); Defense de Dantzig en 1813; documents militaires dulieutenant-general Campredon, pub.
- (Dantzig, 1871-1874); C. Peters, Die Wahl Kaiser Friedrichs I.