Dankl sentence example
- He urged that the front of attack should from the outset be divided between Dankl and von .Koevess, and pressed for the adoption of his plan for the concentration of attacking masses in the valleys, especially in the Val Sugana.
- The tactical direction of the attack was entrusted to Dankl, who had at his disposal some 180 battalions.
- The course of the battle, with the necessity of bringing up reserve divisions, led to a reorganization of the attacking forces, von Koevess taking command of the left wing and Dankl of the right.
- Corps, which belonged to Prince Leopold's Army Group. By the end of the month Cadorna was holding his own, although both Dankl and von Koevess were still making progress.
- On May 27 Dankl's left wing was down in the Astico valley and close upon Arsiero, and on the following day his centre crossed the Posina in force and attacked the Italian 27th Div.Advertisement
- Although the Grenadiers finally lost the summit of Cengio, they held on to the lower slopes above Schiri, and Dankl was unable to make headway in the valley, while the right of the division was swung back to the western slopes of Monte Pau.
- For a long fortnight Dankl hammered at the line south of the Posina and east of the Val Canaglia, but could not gain a yard.
- Dankl's attack was specially directed against two points: Monte Pasubio, where troops of the VIII.
- Viktor, Freiherr Von Dankl >>
- The attacking force was arrayed in two armies, one behind the other, Dankl's XI.Advertisement