Daniel o'connell sentence example
- On the site of the old court-house a colossal statue in white limestone of Daniel O'Connell was erected in 1865.
- Lushington, T.Fowell Buxton, James Cropper, Daniel O'Connell and others, in which they declared their deliberate judgment that "its precepts were delusive," and "its real effects of the most dangerous nature."
- As an advocate, too, he stood in the very highest rank; in mere oratory he was surpassed by Plunket, and in rhetorical gifts by Bushe, the only ' See the account of O'Connell's uncle, Count Daniel O'Connell (1745-1833), to whose property he fell heir, in Mrs O'Connell's Last Colonel of the Irish Brigade (1892), and O'Callaghan's Irish Brigade in the Service of France (1870).
- His funeral orations are the most notable in their kind of any delivered during his time, those devoted to Marshal Drouet and Daniel O'Connell being especially marked by point and clearness.
- He defended Daniel O'Connell in the state trial of 1843, and William Smith O'Brien in 1848; and his greatest triumph was in the Yelverton case in 1861.Advertisement
- In the first he was recommended to the electors by Daniel O'Connell and the Radical Hume.
- was not invincibly opposed to it; but Daniel O'Connell took the lead against it.