Danehof sentence example
- In 1282 the nobles extorted from King Eric Glipping the first Haandfaestning, or charter, which recognized the Danehof, or national assembly, as a regular branch of the administration and gave guarantees against further usurpations.
- Nor did Valdemar hesitate to meet his people in public and periodically render an account of his stewardship. He voluntarily resorted to the old practice of summoning national assemblies, the so-called Danehof.
- At the first of these assemblies held at Nyborg, Midsummer Day 1314, the bishops and councillors solemnly promised that the commonalty should enjoy all the ancient rights and privileges conceded to them by Valdemar II., and the wise provision that the Danehof should meet annually considerably strengthened its authority.
- It was the act not of the people but of the Rigsraad (Senate), which had inherited the authority of the Growth of ancient Danehof and, after the death of Margaret, the power grew steadily in power at the expense of the crown.
- SaXO, Gesta Danorum (Strassburg, 1886); Repertorium diplomaticum regni Danici mediaevalis (Copenhagen, 1894); Ludvig Holberg, Konge og Danehof (Copenhagen, 18 95); Poul Frederik Barford, Danmarks Historic 1319-1536 (Copenhagen, 1885); ib.Advertisement