Dampierre sentence example
- de Dampierre (1888); rA.
- of England and William Dampierre, count of Flanders, strove to win his favour by gifts.
- The founder of the family in England was a Norman baron, Guy or Guido de Baliol, who held the fiefs of Bailleul, Dampierre, Harcourt and Vinoy in Normandy.
- During the war Flanders Woo), he took Douai, Bethune and Dam, received the submission of Guy of Dampierre, and aided King Philip IV., the Fair, to gain the battle of Mons-en-Pevele, on the 18th of August 1304.
- Afterwards the counts of the house of Dampierre fell into financial dependence on the burghers, and therefore allied themselves with the rising artisans, led by the weavers.Advertisement
- Guy de Dampierre, count of Namur, who had become count of Flanders on the death of his mother Margaret II.
- This is William of Dampierre (d.