Damjanich sentence example
- Ably supported by Klapka and Damjanich he pressed forward irresistibly.
- Janos Damjanich >>
- JANOS DAMJANICH (1804-1849), Hungarian soldier, was born at Stasa in the Banat.
- Damjanich played a leading part in the general advance upon the Hungarian capital under GOrgei.
- At the ensuing review at Godollo, Kossuth expressed the sentiments of the whole nation when he doffed his hat as Damjanich's battalions passed by.Advertisement
- Always a fiery democrat, Damjanich uncompromisingly supported the extremist views of Kossuth, and was appointed commander of one of the three divisions which, under GOrgei, entered Vacz in April 1849.
- At this juncture Damjanich broke his leg, an accident which prevented him from taking part in field operations at the most critical period of the war, when the Magyars had to abandon the capital for the second time.
- After the Vilagos catastrophe, Damjanich, on being summoned to surrender, declared he would give up the fortress to a single company of Cossacks, but would defend it to the last drop of his blood against the whole Austrian army.
- See Edon Hamvay, Life of Janos Damjanich (Hung.), (Budapest, 1904).