Damiron sentence example
- P. Damiron, Barthelemy St Hilaire, C. F.
- JEAN PHILIBERT DAMIRON (1794-1862), French philosopher, was born at Belleville.
- Damiron died at Paris on the 11th of January 1862.
- The chief works of Damiron, of which the best are his accounts of French philosophers, are the following: - An edition of the Nouveaux melanges philosophiques de Jouffroy (1842), with a notice of the author, in which Damiron softened and omitted several expressions used by Jouffroy, which were opposed to the system of education adopted by the Sorbonne, an article which gave rise to a bitter controversy, and to a book by Pierre Leroux, De la mutilation des manuscrits de M.
- P. Damiron, Essai sur la philosophie en France au XIX e siecle.Advertisement
- ii.; Damiron, Philosophie de XIX e siecle; Eugene Blum, "Essai sur Ballanche" (in Critique Philos., Both June 1887); Gaston Frainnet, Essai sur la philos.
- Another pathway to reputation was suggested by some remarks he saw in the seventh number of the Foreign Review, in an article on Damiron's French Philosophy in the igth Century.
- P. Damiron, Gamier, J.
- Jouffroy and Damiron were first fellowstudents and then disciples.
- P. Damiron, Souvenirs de vingt ans d'enseignement (Paris, 1859); H.Advertisement
- Gassendi's life is given by Sorbiere in the first collected edition of the works, by Bugerel, Vie de Gassendi (1737; 2nd ed., 1770), and by Damiron, Memoire sur Gassendi (1839).
- I, 87-222), Damiron (Me'moires pour servir a l'histoire de philosophie au X VII e siecle), and P.F.Thomas (La Philosophie de Gassendi, Paris, 1889).
- P. Damiron, Histoire de la philosophie du X VII e siecle (Paris, 1846); C. B.
- Jouffroy: sa vie et ses ecrits (1876); P. Damiron, Essai sur l'histoire de la philos.
- Feuerbach, Pierre Bayle (1838); Damiron, La Philosophie en France au X VII e siÃ¨cle (1858-1864); Sainte - Beuve, "Du genie critique et de Bayle" (Revue des deux mondes, 1st Dec. 1835); A.Advertisement