Damiri sentence example
- Damiri) is not zoological but legendary, and the works on minerals are practical and not scientific. See ARABIAN PHIaOSOPHY and historical sections of such scientific articles as ASTRONOMY, &c. (G.
- This favorite story was treated again by FasihI JurjanI (5th century of the Hegira), and by many modern poets as Damiri, who died under the ~afawI shah Mahommed (1577 1586; 985994 A.H.), Nmi, the historiographer of the Zand dynasty, and Uosain of Shiraz under Fatl~ All Shah, the last two flourishing towards the beginning of the present century.
- Damiri >>
- 14 a brought to Spain by a merchant from the China seas (Abu I;Iamid of Spain, in Damiri, s.v.).
- xiv.; Damiri, i.Advertisement
- Among the Arabs the story of the phoenix was confused with that of the salamander; and the samand or samandal (Damiri, ii.
- 1534; 941 A.H.), who himself was imitated by Damiri of Isfahan, Mulitasham Kashi and Wahshi Bfiki (all three died in the last decade of the 10th century of the Hegira); Ahli of Shirgz (d.