Damaraland sentence example
- In Namaqualand and ~ Damaraland, British influence, exercised from Cape Colony, had long been strong, but the British government had refused to annex the country even when asked so to do by the German missionaries who labored among the natives.
- In 1868 the Europeans in Great Namaqualand and Damaraland petitioned for annexation to Great Britain.
- The years1845-1846he spent in travelling in the Sudan, and in 1850 he made an exploration, with Dr John Anderson, of Damaraland and the Ovampo country in south-west Africa, starting from Walfisch Bay.
- The genus is confined to certain localities in Damaraland and adjoining territory on the west coast of tropical South Africa.
- Additional information has been published by Professor Pearson of Cape Town based on material collected in Damaraland in 1904 and 1906-1907.Advertisement
- Until the start of a community wildlife conservancy in 1988, Damaraland was unprotected and open to poachers.