Dalny sentence example
- Prior to the break-up of the ice, the army could only disembark at Chemulpo, far from the objective, or at Dalny under the very eyes of its defenders.
- Dalny, the commercial harbour, was seized without fighting, and a month was spent in preparing a base Nogi's there.
- The chief cities, Mukden, Liao-yang, Niu-chwang, Port Arthur and Tairen (Dalny) are separately noticed.
- The Russian town of Dalny (now Tairen) was built upon the west side of the bay, known as Port Victoria.
- At an early period in the Russo-Japanese war (28th of May 1904), Dalny was occupied by the Japanese after slight resistance.Advertisement
- In 1898 Russia obtained a lease of the Liao-tung peninsula, and a clause of this contract empowered her to connect Port Arthur and Dalny (now Tairen) with the main Manchurian railway by a branch southward from Harbin.