Dalny sentence example
- on Manchurian territory, and from Kharbin sends off a branch to Dalny near Port Arthur on the Liao-tung peninsula.
- long to Dalny and Port Arthur.
- below Chita, with Vladivostok, and sends off a branch from Kharbin, on the Sungari, to Dalny and Port Arthur.
- Prior to the break-up of the ice, the army could only disembark at Chemulpo, far from the objective, or at Dalny under the very eyes of its defenders.
- Dalny, the commercial harbour, was seized without fighting, and a month was spent in preparing a base Nogi's there.Advertisement
- The chief cities, Mukden, Liao-yang, Niu-chwang, Port Arthur and Tairen (Dalny) are separately noticed.
- The Russian town of Dalny (now Tairen) was built upon the west side of the bay, known as Port Victoria.
- TAIREN, or Dairen (Russian Dalny), a free port created by the Russian government and opened to foreign trade in 1901, situated on the Central Manchurian railway, and thus one of the Pacific termini of the Trans-Siberian railway.
- At an early period in the Russo-Japanese war (28th of May 1904), Dalny was occupied by the Japanese after slight resistance.
- In 1898 Russia obtained a lease of the Liao-tung peninsula, and a clause of this contract empowered her to connect Port Arthur and Dalny (now Tairen) with the main Manchurian railway by a branch southward from Harbin.Advertisement
- In the sequel of the war of 19045 Japan, with Chinas consent, acquired from Russia the lease of the portion of the South-Manchuria S railway (see MANCHURIA) between Kwang-cheng-tsze Oil (Chang-chun) on the north and Tairen (Dalny), Port Magchurja Arthur and Niuchwang on the southa total length ~ ~ of 470 m.