Dalmeny sentence example
- The Scottish earldom was first conferred in 1703 upon the 4th earl's great-grandfather, Archibald Primrose of Dalmeny (1664-1723), a staunch Whig and a commissioner for the Union.
- A celebrated beauty, a maid of honour and bridesmaid of Queen Victoria, she married, on the 10th of December 1843, Archibald, Lord Dalmeny (1809-1851), member for the Stirling Burghs, who became a lord of the adrriralty under Melbourne.
- The young Lord Dalmeny was educated at Brighton and at Eton, where he had as slightly junior contemporaries Mr A.
- He added that Dalmeny "desired the palm without the dust."
- In 1880 he entertained Mr Gladstone at Dalmeny, and during the "Mid Lothian campaign" he had much to do with the stage-management of the demonstrations.Advertisement
- His eldest son, Lord Dalmeny (b.
- By family tradition and an idealistic outlook a Liberal, Alfred Lyttelton had always taken a great interest in politics; and he formed one of the party at Dalmeny, when his uncle Gladstone carried his Midlothian campaign to a successful issue in the general election of 1880.
- Primrose of Dalmeny at the public roup, 7th July 1694.