Daira sentence example
- For the purposes of the new settlement the loans raised by Ismail on his private estates, those known as the Daira (i.e.
- These charges included the services of the Privileged and Unified debts, the tribute to Turkey and the interest on the Suez Canal shares held by Great Britain, but excluded the interest on the Daira and Domains loans, expected to be defrayed by the revenues from the estates on which those loans were secured.
- Besides the Caisse there was the Railway Board, which administered the railways, telegraphs and port of Alexandria for the benefit of the bondholders, and the DaIra and Domains commissions, which administered the estates mortgaged to the holders of those loans.
- In June 1890 the assent of the powers was obtained to th conversion of the Preference (Privileged), Domains and Daira loans on the following conditions, imposed at the initiative of the French government:
- The sales of Domains and Daira lands were to be restricted to E.300,000 a year each, thus prolonging the period of liquidation of those estates.Advertisement
- Further, an engagement was entered into that there should be no reimbursement of the loans till 905 for the Preference and Daira, and 1908 for the Domains.
- This new fund started with a capital of 13,376,000 and was replenished by the surpluses of subsequent years, by the interest earned by its temporary investment, and by the sums accruing by the liquidation of the Daira and Domains loans.