Dahna sentence example
- These favourable conditions of soil and climate, however, extend only a comparatively short distance into the interior, by far the larger part of which is covered by the great southern desert, the Dahna, or Ruba el Khali, empty as its name implies, and uninhabitable.
- The vast extent of the Dahna, or great southern desert, covering perhaps 250,000 sq.
- in width extends almost continuously from the great Nafud to the Dahna.
- The great desert known as the Dahna or the Rub`a el Khali (" the empty quarter ") is believed to cover all the interior of southern Arabia from the borders of Yemen in the west to those of Oman in the east.
- Beyond the mountains which flank the cultivated valleys of Semail and Tyin, to the west, there stretches the great Ruba el Khali, or Dahna, the central desert of southern Arabia, which reaches across the continent to the borders of Yemen, isolating the province on the landward side just as the rugged mountain barriers shut it off from the sea.Advertisement
- by the Dahna desert and Hadramut.
- from Shekh Said to the Dahna desert.
- to the Dahna desert.