Dahlmann sentence example
- After studying at Leipzig and Bonn, where he was a pupil of Dahlmann, he established himself as a privatdozent at Leipzig, lecturing on history and politics.
- C. Dahlmann's Geschichte der englischen 1 The subject is similar to that of Grillparzer's tragedy, Ein treuer Diener seines Herrn.
- It has been supposed by many that he lived to a great age, and argued that "the never-to-be-mistaken fundamental tone of his performance is the quiet talkativeness of a highly cultivated, tolerant, intelligent, old man" (Dahlmann).
- Waitz is often spoken of as the chief disciple of Ranke, though perhaps in general characteristics and mental attitude he has more affinity with Pertz or Dahlmann.
- C. Dahlmann, he placed his historical learning at the service of the estates of SchleswigHolstein and composed the address of 1844, in which the estates protested against the claim of the king of Denmark to alter the law of succession in the duchies.Advertisement
- C.- Dahlmann and Jakob Grimm, were banished from the country for publishing their protest.