Daffaires sentence example
- If, however, circumstances should be of a nature to require a second inquiry, it shall not take place without previous notice given to the minister, or the charg daffaires, or the consul, and in this case the business shall only be proceeded with at the supreme chancery of the shah at Tabriz or Teheran, likewise in the presence of a dragoman of the mission, or, of the consulate.
- Captain Wiliock succeeded Morier as charg daffaires in 1815, and since that period Great Britain has always been represented at the Persian court.
- Although on the present occasion Simonich ostensibly aided the British charg daffaires MNeill, who had succeeded Ellis in 1836, no argument was of any avail to divert the monarch from his purpose.
- when charg daffaires, at the close of that year.
- Shortly afterwards Sir Ronald Thomson left Persia (he died on the 15th of November 1888), and Arthur (afterwards Sir Arthur) Nicolson was appointed charg daffaires.Advertisement