Daer sentence example
- The daer fuidhirs were tramps, fugitives, captives, &c.
- A part of the Winnipeg colony soon migrated southward and settled on the site of the present city of Pembina, at the mouth of the Pembina river, which they thought to be in British territory, and named the settlement Fort Daer.
- Long, commanding an exploring expedition to the Minnesota and Red rivers, reached Fort Daer in 1823, he found there about six hundred persons, a few being Scotch, but the greater part being half-breeds.
- There were two distinct methods of letting and hiring - saer (= free) and daer (= base), the conditions being fundamentally different.
- The fuidhirs also were divided into saer and daer; the former being free by industry and thrift to acquire some property, after which five of them could club together to acquire rights corresponding to those of one freeman.Advertisement