Dactylis sentence example
- Two vegetable products, the " balsam bog " (Bolas glebaria) and the " tussock grass " (Dactylis caespitosa) have been objects of curiosity and interest ever since the first accounts of the islands were given.
- In the last-named family the single morphological species Erysiphe graminis is found growing on the cereals, barley, oat, wheat, rye and a number of wild grasses (such as Poa, Bromus, Dactylis).
- Useful grasses which are increased are Lolium perenne and Alopecurus pratensis, and among those of less value Avena favescens, Dactylis glomerata and Poa pratensis.
- Good examples are the oat, cock's-foot (Dactylis) and other British grasses.
- Dactylis glomerata (cock's-foot), a perennial grass with a dense panicle, common in pastures and waste places is a useful meadow-grass.Advertisement