Dacier sentence example
- See Dacier et Dupuy, "1 loges," in Memoires de l'Academie des Inscriptions.
- I also read Tibullus, Catullus, Propertius, Horace (with Dacier's and Torrentius's notes), Virgil, Ovid's Epistles, with l"leziriac's commentary, the Ars amandi and the Elegies; likewise the Augustus and Tiberius of Suetonius, and a Latin translation of Dion Cassius from the death of Julius Caesar to the death of Augustus.
- One of his children was the famous Madame Dacier.
- On being appointed assistant tutor to the Dauphin in 1670, he edited with the assistance of Anne Lefevre, afterwards Madame Dacier, the well-known edition of the Delphin Classics.
- Dacier, however, and others who adhere to the Christian view of the miracle, admit that the appellation of "Thundering" or "Lightning" (KEpavv000Xos, or KepavvoOpos) was given to the legion because there was a figure of lightning on their shields.Advertisement