D'annunzio sentence example
- 12, the very day on which American and British police were to be installed, D'Annunzio and his Arditi occupied the town, with the open connivance of the Italian naval and military authorities though to the embarrassment of the Roman Cabinet.
- But the prospect of a settlement roused the Italian Nationalists to a final effort: the Nitti Cabinet fell, and D'Annunzio, repeating his defiance of Europe, attempted a further raid upon Dalmatia.
- For some years she was closely associated with the romanticist Gabriele d'Annunzio, and several of his plays, notably La Cittd morta (1898) and Francesca da Rimini (1901), provided her with important parts.
- The total result, if adequate steps can be taken to counteract the effects of atmospheric change in future, will remain a splendid gain for posterity and a happy refutation of D'Annunzio's despairing poem, the Death of a Masterpiece.
- Gabriele d'Annunzio >>Advertisement