Crescent-shaped sentence example
- The ship sloshed through dark teal waters toward a crescent-shaped bay with white sands that glistened in the midday light.
- Sachsen-Meiningen), a duchy in Thuringia, forming an independent member of the German empire and consisting chiefly of an irregular crescent-shaped territory, which, with an average breadth of 10 m., stretches for over 80 m.
- The caudal fin is crescent-shaped, strengthened at the base by two short ridges on each side.
- The waters of Bahr-Assal are deeply impregnated with salt, which, in thick crusts, forms crescent-shaped round the banks - dazzling white when reflected by the sun.
- In many places longitudinal dunes are found exceeding a day's journey in length, the valleys between which take three or four hours to cross; but the most striking feature of the Nafud are the high crescent-shaped sand-hills, known locally as falk or falj, described by Blunt and Huber, who devoted some time to their investigation.Advertisement
- in the "Lusitania," the steam traverses vertical copper coils tinned inside and outside; the coils are crescent-shaped, a form which gives a greater condensing surface and makes the coils self-scaling.
- The new town, which lies on the flat expanse adjoining the crescent-shaped bay, partly on ground that has been reclaimed from the sea, has large and regularly built streets, and several large squares adorned with artistic monuments.
- The principal rib is crescent-shaped 32.8 ft.
- It is formed by a crescent-shaped arch, continued on one side by four, on the other side by two lattice girder spans, on iron piers.
- In the cheek-teeth the component columns are crescent-shaped, constituting the selenodont type.Advertisement
- Where a number of small torrents converge in a steep mountain recess, they cut out a crescent-shaped hollow or halfcauldron, which in the Scottish Highlands is known as a corrie.
- The aperture of the ear is exceedingly minute; the eyes are of moderate size and the blow-hole is crescent-shaped.
- The sealed cells are dark-coloured and sunken, pierced with irregular holes, and the larvae in all stages from the crescent-shaped healthy condition to that in which the dead larvae are seen lying at the bottom of the cells, flaccid and shapeless.
- of Cephalonia, forming with it, Leucas and Ithaca a crescent-shaped insular group, which represents the crests of a submerged limestone ridge facing the Gulf of Patras.
- His eyes fell to a crescent-shaped bay at the southern reaches of Tiyan.Advertisement
- The condition is characterized by abnormal, crescent-shaped RBCs.
- A Western hobo bag may at first glance look like any other slouchy, crescent-shaped, long handled hobo style purse.
- This needle is straight and several inches long with a hollow center that creates a crescent-shaped slit for the jewelry to pass through.