Caryophyllus sentence example
- Caryophyllus are most desirable.
- GILLYFLOWER, a popular name applied to various flowers, but principally to the clove, Dianthus Caryophyllus, of which the carnation is a cultivated variety, and to the stock, Matthiola incana, a well-known garden favourite.
- The gillyflower of Chaucer and Spenser and Shakespeare was, as in Italy, Dianthus Caryophyllus; that of later writers and of gardeners, Matthiola.
- dianthus caryophyllus, crossed and self-fertilised plants compared for four generations.
- Dianthus caryophyllus, Carnation or Clove Pink.Advertisement