Caryophyllaeus sentence example
- Caryophyllaeus mutabilis occurs in the roach and other fresh-water fish, and passes its earlier stages of development in fresh-water Oligochaets (Tubifex).
- Archigetes and Caryophyllaeus are the only Cestodes that become fully differentiated in an invertebrate host.
- It shows a close agreement with that of Caryophyllaeus.
- Caryophyllaeus is an elongated, flattened worm provided with one extremely mobile extremity, the other being drawn out during the animal's sojourn in Tubifex into a short hexacanth tail.
- In the Cestodes the vagina is present (V); the canal of Laurer (LC) is now vestigial (present in Caryophyllaeus as the posterior vagina).Advertisement