Carsten sentence example
- Arabia received very careful attention, in the 18th century, from the Danish scientific mission, which included Carsten Niebuhr among its members.
- 2 The existence of the Mandaeans has been known since the middle 'of the 17th century, when the first Christian missionaries, Ignatius a Jesu and Angelus a Sancto, began to labour among them at Basra; further information was gathered at a somewhat later date by Pietro della Valle' and Jean de Thevenot 5 (1633-1667), and in the following century by Engelbrecht Kaempfer (1651-1716), Jean Chardin (1643-1713) and Carsten Niebuhr.
- In geography he found a field hardly touched since Samuel Bochart, in whose footsteps he followed in the Spicilegium geographiae hebraeorum exterae post Bochartum (1769-1780); and to his impulse we owe the famous Eastern expedition conducted by Carsten Niebuhr.
- Yet the passing notes of travellers from the time of Carsten Niebuhr show that antiquities are to be found.
- Johannes Carsten Hauch (q.v.; 1790-1872) first distinguished himself as a disciple of Ohlenschlger, and fought under him in the strife against the old school and Baggesen.Advertisement
- Carl Heinrich Carsten Reinecke >>
- In Copenhagen, it's a nice lie-in, with breakfast in bed when Carsten comes back from the school drop-off.