Carruthers sentence example
- Carruthers, however, in 1872 established its Algal nature, and gave it the more appropriate name of Nematophycus.
- Our knowledge of the reproductive organs of the Bennettitaceae has until recently been confined to the female flowers, as described by Carruthers, Solms-Laubach, Lignier, and others.
- It has been suggested that one at least of the flowers, that originally described by Mr Carruthers from the Inferior Oolite of Yorkshire as Beania gracilis, may have been borne by a member of the Ginkgoales.
- Another well-known Cycadean genus is Williamsonia, so named by Mr Carruthers in 1870, and now applied to certain pinnate fronds - e.g.
- Hudlestoni, and named by Carruthers Kaidocarpon ooliticum, afford good illustrations of British Araucarian flowers.Advertisement
- Carruthers gave evidence of finding the man begging alms at various shops in Church Street at noon on the previous day.
- But a couple of startling strikes from Martin Carruthers and Steve Torpey inside nine first-half minutes wiped the smirks off Swansea faces.