Carruthers sentence example
- Sir Francis Carruthers Gould >>
- 1768); Hall, Graptolites of the Quebec Group (1865); Barrande, Graptolites de Boheme (1850); Carruthers, Revision of the British Graptolites (1868); H.
- Carruthers, however, in 1872 established its Algal nature, and gave it the more appropriate name of Nematophycus.
- by Carruthers.
- Our knowledge of the reproductive organs of the Bennettitaceae has until recently been confined to the female flowers, as described by Carruthers, Solms-Laubach, Lignier, and others.Advertisement
- (1-3, after Carruthers; 5, 8, 9 and 10, after Wieland; 7, after Scott; II, after Solms-Laubach.) and possess mature seeds.
- It has been suggested that one at least of the flowers, that originally described by Mr Carruthers from the Inferior Oolite of Yorkshire as Beania gracilis, may have been borne by a member of the Ginkgoales.
- Another well-known Cycadean genus is Williamsonia, so named by Mr Carruthers in 1870, and now applied to certain pinnate fronds - e.g.
- Araucarites Hudlestoni, described by Mr Carruthers from the Coralline Oolite rocks of Malton in Yorkshire; Araucarites sphaerocarpa from the Inferior Oolite of Somerset; also another cone found in the Northampton Sands, which is probably specifically identical with A.
- Hudlestoni, and named by Carruthers Kaidocarpon ooliticum, afford good illustrations of British Araucarian flowers.Advertisement
- Carruthers gave evidence of finding the man begging alms at various shops in Church Street at noon on the previous day.
- Kelvin john carruthers.
- Carruthers compared the usually non-cellular structure of Nematophycus with that of Siphoneae such as Halimeda, while recognizing the points of resemblance to Laminariaceae (e.g.
- In many of the flowers described by Mr Wieland the structure is identical in essential features with that of the female flowers of Bennettites Gibsonianus described by Carruthers and by Solms-Laubach, and with that of a French Liassic species described by Lignier: the whole consists of a convex receptacle bearing mature seeds at the tips of pedicels associated with interseminal scales (fig.
- But a couple of startling strikes from Martin Carruthers and Steve Torpey inside nine first-half minutes wiped the smirks off Swansea faces.Advertisement