Carron sentence example
- In 1796 he met Julie Carron, and an attachment sprang up between them, the progress of which he naï¿½ly recorded in a journal (Amorum).
- It is situated on the south shore of the estuary of the Forth, at the mouth of the Carron and also of Grange Burn, a right-hand tributary of the Carron, 3 m.
- The works rendered it necessary to divert the influx of the Grange from the Carron to the Forth.
- Dr John Roebuck (1718-1794), founder of the Carron Iron Works, occupied it for several years from 1764.
- It consists of two quarters, the old town picturesquely situated on the south bank of the Carron and the new on the land between this stream and the Cowie, the two being connected by the bridge which carries the main road from the south to Aberdeen.Advertisement
- They fill up the valley of the Nith for a few miles north of Dumfries, and, reappearing again in the same valley a little farther north, run up the narrow valley of the Carron to the Lowther Hills.
- One of the most interesting features of the Scottish development of the Permian system is the occurrence of intercalated bands of contemporaneously erupted volcanic rocks in the Carron, Nithsdale and Ayrshire.
- The Scottish seaboard is divided for administrative purposes into twenty-seven fishery districts, namely, on the east coast, Eyemouth, Leith, Anstruther, Montrose, Stonehaven, Aberdeen, Peterhead, Fraserburgh, Banff, Buckie, Findhorn, Cromarty, Helmsdale, Lybster, Wick (15); on the north, Orkney, Shetland (2); on the west, Stornoway, Barra, Loch Broom, Loch Carron and Skye, Fort William, Campbeltown, Inverary, Rothesay, Greenock, Ballantrae (10).
- The rise of the iron industry dates from the establishment of the Carron ironworks near Falkirk in 1760, but it was the introduction of railways that gave the production of pig-iron its greatest impetus.
- In 1796 he met Julie Carron, and an attachment sprang up between them, the progress of which he naÃ¯¿½ly recorded in a journal (Amorum).Advertisement
- Situated on the shores of Loch Carron, it is a working pottery that specializes in hand thrown table wear and commissioned pieces.