Carranza sentence example
- He studied (1515-1520) at Alcala, where Sancho Carranza, his uncle, was professor; entering (1520) the Dominican order, and then (1521-1525) at Salamanca and at Valladolid, where from 1527 he was teacher of theology.
- Carranza appealed to Rome, was taken thither in December 566, and confined for ten years in the castle of St Angelo.
- He joined Carranza against Huerta in 1913, winning general's rank by defeating the latter.
- He sided with Carranza against Villa, took Puebla in Jan.
- As Carranza's Minister of War he negotiated with Gens.Advertisement
- In March 1920 Carranza's attempts to control Sonora against Obregon's candidacy, and the arrest of the latter charged with rebellion, led him, on escaping from Mexico City, to raise a revolt which began in Sonora under the Plan of Agua Prieta on April 9.
- After rapid successes Obregon entered Mexico City May 8, Carranza having fled on the 5th.
- The same year he notified President Carranza, of Mexico, that the United States would not adopt his proposed Pan-American plan of stopping the shipment of food and munitions to all the European belligerents.