Carpentras sentence example
- He was loaded with favours during his uncle's pontificate, being made bishop of Carpentras, bishop of Bologna, bishop of Vercelli, archbishop of Avignon, cardinalpriest of S.
- When Provence was ceded to the Franks by the Ostrogoths, he received the cities of Orange, Carpentras and Gap. In 531 he marched against the Thuringi with his brother Theuderich(Thierry)I., and in 542 with his brother Childebert against the Visigoths of Spain.
- Once more his efforts were in vain, and he retired to his friend Sadoleto at Carpentras.
- At Carpentras, under the direction of Convennole of Prato, he studied the humanities between the years 1315 and 1319.
- chose him as his secretary along with Pietro Bembo, and in 1517 made him bishop of Carpentras.Advertisement
- Clement had died in April 1314, but the cardinals assembled at Carpentras were unable to agree as to his successor.
- ALFRED JOSEPH NAQUET (1834-), French chemist and politician, was born at Carpentras (Vaucluse), on the 6th of October 1834.
- An attempt was made by Cardinal Jacopo Sadoleto (1477-1547), bishop of Carpentras, to take advantage of this so as to restore the papal supremacy in that district; but this design Calvin, at the request of the Bernese authorities, who had been consulted by those of Geneva, completely frustrated, by writing such a reply to the letter which the bishop had addressed to the Genevese, as constrained him to desist from all further efforts.