Carowinds sentence example
- Several other large rides incorporate water features, such as the Flying Super Saturator roller coaster at Carowinds in North Carolina, where guests have the opportunity to aim geysers, sprays, and cannons at riders.
- Located on the North Carolina/South Carolina state line on Interstate 77, the Carowinds theme park attracts visitors from all over the Southeast.
- Carowinds was the brain child of Charlotte, NC, businessman Earl Patterson Hall.
- Carowinds was designed to be one piece of a larger resort complex that would straddle the state borders, from Charlotte, NC, to Fort Mill, SC.
- Carowinds opened its doors in March, 1973, just as the 1970s Oil Crisis was gaining traction.Advertisement
- Many parks closed their doors during this period, and while Carowinds managed to survive, Hall was unable to complete his entire resort vision.
- In fact, in 1975, Hall could no longer afford to operate the park and was forced to sell Carowinds to Taft Broadcasting.
- Paramount/Viacom operated Carowinds until 2006, when Cedar Fair Entertainment purchased the park.
- Carowinds is known for its thrill rides, which beckon to passersby driving down Interstate 77.
- It opened at Carowinds in 1976 and went through a major repair and rebuild in 2008.Advertisement
- You can get information about current park pricing, operating hours, attractions, rules and local hotel options on the Carowinds website.