Carnia sentence example
- Lequio, who had come from Carnia.
- Corps, whose left wing held the Plezzo basin and was in contact with the Carnia Force on Monte Rombon.
- had lost touch with the Carnia force, and only the Potenza brigade, of three regiments, but much weakened by disease, was available as a reserve.
- Cadorna ordered the Carnia force to occupy Monte Maggiore and block the Val d'Uccea " at all costs," and sent up a division to support the troops on the Stol.
- Tassoni, who commanded the Carnia force, was also directed to prepare for a withdrawal of his troops.Advertisement
- Cadorna did not expect to stay long on the Tagliamento, but he did hope to hold up the enemy long enough to give adequate time for the retreat of the Carnia force and the IV.
- 4 Di Giorgio's left was pushed back still farther, endangering the line of retreat for the Carnia force divisions, and once more threatening the whole Italian line with envelopment from the north.
- Army, which had been slow in getting under way, and for the Carnia force.
- This move cut off the greater part of Tassoni's Carnia force, caught between Krauss and Krobatin.
- Army was being carried out with much skill, and Di Robilant's troops succeeded in bringing away with them a great amount of material, but several detachments were cut off, including remnants of the Carnia force, which had been attached to the IV.Advertisement