Carnea sentence example
- The Spartans had a nine days' festival termed Carnea, during which they dwelt in pavilions and tents in memory of their old camp life (Athenaeus, iv.
- carnea are of a beautiful pale pink colour when first removed from their matrix, and E.
- aristatus, Oxytropis Halleri, Eryngium alpinum, Erica carnea, Linaria alpina, Globularia nudicaulis, G.
- Another commonly planted tree is Aesculus x carnea, red horse chestnut, and as the name implies has red flowers rather than white.
- Latour Marliac, of Temple-sur-Lot, France, some of the most favoured varieties being carnea, chromatella, flammea, ignea, rosea, Robinsoni, Aurora, blanda, &c.Advertisement
- S. b. rosea is a new garden form with deep rosy flowers, and carnea a paler variation.
- Carnea - A noble hardy plant, in color a soft flesh-pink, deepening towards the base of the petals and paling gradually to white.
- Flowers rose color, changing to flesh-pink, broader in petal and fuller than in M. carnea, with the color deepening towards the tips.