Carminum sentence example
- Ludwich, Eudociae Augustae carminum reliquiae (Konigsberg, 1893).
- Karsten, Xenophanis Colophonii Carminum Reliquiae (Brussels, 1830); F.
- Of his works the more important are: - Die Composition der Genesis kritisch untersucht (1823), an acute and able attempt to account for the use of the two names of God without recourse to the document-hypothesis; he was not himself, however, permanently convinced by it; De metris carminum Arabicorum (1825); Das Hohelied Salomo's Ubersetzt u.
- For text Simon Karsten, "Empedoclis Agrigenti carminum reliquiae," in Reliq.
- In 1486 he published his first book, Ars versificandi et carminum, which created an immense sensation and gained him the honour of being crowned as the first poet laureate of Germany, the ceremony being performed by the emperor Frederick III.Advertisement