Carmania sentence example
- In Carmania, in Persis, complaints from the provinces continued to reach him, as well as the news of disorders in Macedonia and Greece.
- But at the same time, the Persian dynast Ardashir had already begun his conquests in Persia and Carmania.
- In the east, Persis proper is separated by a desert (Laristan) from the fertile province of Carmania (Kerman), a mountainous region inhabited by a Persian tribe.
- To Carmania belonged also the coast, with the islands and harbours of Hormuz and Bander Abbasi.
- From the periplus of the Erythraean Sea 33-37 we learn that their authority extended over the shores of Carmania and the opposite coasts of Arabia.Advertisement
- Alexander had at first trusted Persian grandees more freely in this capacity; in Babylonia, Bactria, Carmania, Susiana he had set Persian governors, till the ingrained Oriental tradition of misgovernment so declared itself that to the three latter provinces certainly Macedonians had been appointed before his death.
- 4, 7), places Pasargada or Pasarracha south-eastwards of Persepolis, and mentions a tribe Pasargadae in Carmania on the sea (vi.
- Even in Carmania we find independent kings, one of whom gave his name to a town Vologesocerta (Balashkert).
- When he had conquered a great part of Persis and Carmania, the Parthian king Artabanus IV.
- The coast once regained, the way was easy; no such desert had to be traversed, when Alexander again struck inland for the chief city of the Gedrosians (Pura), and thence made his way into Carmania.Advertisement