Caripe sentence example
- Caripe >>
- They live in caves, especially in Caripe, and are caught in large numbers for the oil extracted from them, which is commonly known as " Caripe butter."
- CARIPE, a small town of Venezuela in the state of Bermudez, about 53 m.
- Caripe itself has a population of only 580, but the valley and neighbouring stations have about ten times that number.
- Caripe should not be confounded with Rio Caribe, a town and port on the Caribbean coast a short distance east of Carupano,which has a population of about6000.Advertisement
- Bonpland, on the visit of those two travellers, in September 1799, to a cave near Caripe (at that time a monastery of Aragonese Capuchins) some forty miles S.E.
- 2, pp. 371-377) states that in the stomach of one he obtained at Caripe he found the seed of a tree which he believed did not grow nearer than 80 leagues.
- The young soon after they are hatched become a perfect mass of fat, and while yet in the nest are sought by the Indians, who at Caripe, and perhaps elsewhere, make a special business of taking them and extracting the oil they contain.