Carinthian sentence example
- Some of the prettiest Carinthian lakes are to be found near Villach, as the Ossiacher-see, on whose southern shore stands the ruined castle of Landskron, dating from the middle of the 16th century, the Wdrther-see and the small but lovely Faaker-see.
- Three types of reverberatory practice are in vogue-the English, Carinthian and Silesian.
- While by the English and Carinthian processes as much lead as possible is extracted in the furnace, with the Silesian method a very low temperature is used, thus taking out about one-half of the lead and leaving very rich slags (50% lead) to be smelted in the blast-furnace, the ultimate result being a very much higher yield than by either of the other processes.
- At first the identity of Styria is lost in the great duchy of Carinthia, corresponding more or less closely to the Upper Carinthian mark.
- of the 24th of April 1518, it was conceded to the Carinthian estates, 'and has since then taken the place of St Veit as capital of Carinthia.Advertisement
- crash-landed in the middle of this conservative Carinthian village.