Cardinali sentence example
- How anxious the Pergamene kings, with their ardent Hellenism, were to avoid offence is shown by the elaborate forms by which, in their own capital, they sought to give their real control the appearance of popular freedom (Cardinali, Regno di Pergamo, p. 281 seq.).
- In the Pergamene kingdom at any rate, though the living king was worshipped with sacrifice, the title Oe6 was only given to those who were dead (Cardinali, Regno di Pergamo, p. 153).
- (Berlin, 1875) and "Registri dei Cardinali Ugolino d'Ostia et Ottaviano degli Ubaldini," ed.
- Cardella, Memorie Storiche de' Cardinali, 1793, iii.
- Cristofori (Storia dei Cardinali, 1888) and others have confused him with his nephew Benedetto (1497-1549), son of Michaele; who followed him in several of his preferments, was made cardinal, 1527, by Clement VII., and is known as a writer in behalf of papal claims and as a Latin poet.Advertisement
- Rinieri, Correspondenza inedita dei Cardinali Consalvi e Pacca, 1814-1815 (Turin, 5903).