Carden sentence example
- Sir Sackville Carden, the British commander-in-chief in those waters, proposed that a fleet should try to destroy the Ottoman forts in the Straits and to clear away the mine-fields sown in the channel, by adopting a process of methodical advance.
- Carden's project, the Government decided to adopt it.'
- Carden, decided, under some pressure from home, to undertake an onset in full force upon the defences of the Narrows by day, although mine-fields still forbade a close attack on the forts on the part of battleships.
- stand-in goalkeeper again picked up an injury as he bravely gathered the ball at Carden's feet.
- The Fleet withdrew and Rear-Admiral Carden retired from the fray, sick, both mentally and physically.Advertisement
- The stand-in goalkeeper again picked up an injury as he bravely gathered the ball at Carden 's feet.