Carapanos sentence example
- The ruins, consisting of a theatre, the walls of a town, and some other buildings, had been conjectured to be those of Dodona by Wordsworth in 1832, but the conjecture was changed into ascertained fact by the excavations of Constantin Carapanos.
- Carapanos made a systematic excavation of the whole site to a considerable depth.
- Carapanos conjectures to have been connected with the oracle, but which show no distinguishing features.
- Carapanos as a temple of Aphrodite, on the insufficient evidence of a single dedicated object; it does not seem to have any of the characteristics of a temple.
- Carapanos suggests, the statuette and bronze bowl by which divinations were carried on.Advertisement
- Carapanos's collection to the National Museum in Athens.
- See C. Wordsworth, Greece (1839), p. 2 47; Constantin Carapanos, Dodone et ses mines (Paris, 1878).