Carafa sentence example
- It was by members of this Oratory - especially St Gaetano di Tiene; Carafa (later Paul IV.), and the great bishop of Verona, Giberti - that the foundations of the Catholic reformation were laid.
- On the 23rd of May 1555 Gian Pietro Carafa, the strictest of the strict, was elected as his successor, under the title of Paul IV.
- A suit was instituted against the Carafa, and Cardinal Carafa was even executed.
- - Pallavicini, Concilio di Trento (1656); Duruy, Cardinal Carafa (1888); Susta, Curie and Concil.
- Passing to Rome, he obtained the patronage of Cardinal Carafa and adopted the ecclesiastical career.Advertisement