Caprimulgus sentence example
- The number of its folds varies considerably, from three in Caprimulgus to nearly thirty in crow (Corvus).
- C. nocturnae - Caprimulgus; 1 1 C. diurnae - Hirundo.
- " Engoulevents " - Caprimulgus, Linn.
- Genera: (a) Loxia, Fringilla, Emberiza; (b) Caprimulgus, Hirundo, Pipra; (c) Turdus, Ampelis, Tanagra, Muscicapa; (d) Parus, Motacilla, Alauda, Sturnus, Columba.
- First referring it to the genus Caprimulgus, its original describer soon saw that it was no true goatsucker.Advertisement
- peculiarities of the skeleton or portions of the skeleton of certain birds - one of the most remarkable of which is that on the component parts of the foot (pp. tot - toy) pointing out the aberration from the ordinary structure exhibited by the Goatsucker (Caprimulgus) and the Swift (Cypselus) - an aberration which, if rightly understood, would have conveyed a warning to those ornithological systematists who put their trust in birds' toes for characters on which to.