Capreae sentence example
- CAPRI (anc. Capreae), an island on the S.
- Tiberius, however, soon became tired of the maternal yoke; his retirement to Capreae is said to have been caused by his desire to escape from her.
- In 32 he was summoned by Tiberius to Capreae, and by skilful flattery managed to escape the fate of his relatives.
- Having removed Drusus (the son of Tiberius) by poison, he persuaded the emperor to retire to the island of Capreae.
- Its prosperity dates from the imperial period, when Capreae was a favourite residence of Augustus and Tiberius.Advertisement