Cappel sentence example
- His co-professors were Louis Cappel and Josue de la Place, who also were Cameron's pupils.
- Cappel was also the author of Annotationes et Commentarii in Vetus Testamentum, Chronologia Sacra, and other biblical works, as well as of several other treatises on Hebrew, among which are the Arcanum Punctuationis revelatum (1624) and the Diatriba de veris et antiquis Ebraeorum literis (1645).
- His Commentarius de Capellorum gente, giving an account of the family to which he belonged, was published by his nephew James Cappel (1639-1722), who, at the age of eighteen, became professor of Hebrew at Saumur, but, on the revocation of the edict of Nantes, fled to England, where he died in 1722.
- Appointed teacher (1522) in the cloister school of Cappel, he lectured on Melanchthon's Loci Communes (1521).
- After the battle of Cappel (11th of October 1S31), in which Zwingli fell, he left Bremgarten.Advertisement
- He took part in revising the Dutch translation of the Old Testament in 1633, and after his death a book by him, called the Lyra Davidis, was published, which sought to explain the principles of Hebrew metre, and which created some controversy at the time, having been opposed by Louis Cappel.
- This peculiar doctrine of grace and free-will was adopted by Amyraut, Cappel, Bochart, Daille and others of the more learned among the Reformed ministers, who dissented from Calvin's.
- In 1491, Guillaume Cappel, as rector of the university of Paris, protested against a tithe which Innocent VIII.
- On the protest of Guillaume Cappel, see Du Bellay, Historia Universitat's Parisiensis, vol.
- On the family, see the sketch by another Jacques Cappel, "De Capellorum gente," in the Commentarii et notae criticae in Vetus Testamentum of Louis Cappel, his father (Amsterdam, 1689).Advertisement