Capitanata sentence example
- Merino sheep have been acclimatized in the Abruzzi, Capitanata and Basilicata.
- He quelled a rising of Sicilian barons and Saracens, and confined 60,000 of the latter at Lucera in Capitanata, where they ended by becoming a most loyal colony.
- While engaged in suppressing brigandage in the Capitanata, Pepe organized the carbonari into a national militia, and was preparing to use them for political purposes.
- PIETRO GIANNONE (1676-1748), was born at Ischitella, in the province of Capitanata, on the 7th of May 1676.
- The Molise, on the other hand, formed part of the Lombard duchy of Benevento, and was placed under the Justiciarius of Terra di Lavoro by Frederick II.: after various changes it became part of the Capitanata, and was only formed into an independent province in 1811.Advertisement