Capillitium sentence example
- The paraphyses branch and form a network (capillitium) over the asci, the capillitium and ejected spores forming a long persistent powdery mass (mazaedium).
- Apothecia seldom round, usually elongatedellipsoidal, no capillitium.
- Cyclocarpineae, Apothecium usually circular, no capillitium.
- Uredospores, septa of Basidiomycetes), spirals, reticulations, rings, &c. (capillitium fibres of Podaxon, Calostoma, Battarrea), occur as in the vessels of higher plants, while sculptured networks, pittings and so forth are as common on fungus-spores as they are on pollen grains.
- By the breaking down of the inner tissues the spores often come to lie as a loose powdery mass in the interior of the hollow fruitbody, mixed sometimes with a capillitium.Advertisement