Capgrave sentence example
- Parliament formally accepted him, and thus Henry became king, "not so much by title of blood as by popular election" (Capgrave).
- The life by John Capgrave (De illustribus Henricis) is of little value.
- His life by his confessor, Ralph Bocking, is published in the Acta Sanctorum of the Bollandists, where a later and shorter life by John Capgrave is also to be found.
- Amongst English men of letters he befriended Reginald Pecock, Whethamstead of St Albans, Capgrave the historian, Lydgate, and Gilbert Kymer, who was his physician and chancellor of Oxford university.
- The life by John Capgrave in his Legenda Nova (1516) is chiefly an abridgment of Malmesbury's narrative.Advertisement