Capense sentence example
- On the eastern side the southern flora finds representatives in Abyssinia, including Protea, and on the mountains of equatorial Africa, Calodendron capense occurring on Kilimanjaro.
- Others thrive in a greenhouse; such are C. asiaticum, a widely distributed plant on the sea-coast of tropical Asia, C. capense and C. longiflorum, from the Cape, and C. Macowani and C. Moorei from Natal.
- C. asiaticum, C. capense and C. M.
- One of the best known is C. capense, 2 to 3 feet high, flowering late in summer, the large funnel-shaped pink blossoms in umbels of ten or fifteen blooms on a stout stem.
- It flowers earlier than C. capense, in June and July, with compact heads of flowers nine to twelve in number; many of them open at the same time.Advertisement