Capac sentence example
- The expansion of the Inca rule and the formation of the Peruvian Empire was of modern growth at the time of the Spanish conquest, and dated from the victories of Pachacutic Inca who lived about a century before Huayna Capac, the Great Inca, whose death took place in 1526, the year before Pizarro first appeared on the coast.
- The civil war between Huascar and Atahualpa, the sons of Huayna Capac, had been fought out in the meanwhile, and the victorious Atahualpa was at Cajamarca on his way from Quito to Cuzco.
- He allowed the rightful heir to the empire, Manco, the legitimate son of Huayna Capac, to be solemnly crowned on the 24th of March 1534.
- A third creator was Manco Capac (" the mighty man "), whose sister and wife is called Mama Oello, " the mother-egg."
- Afterwards, the creator and the mother-egg became respectively the sun and the moon, represented by the Inca priest-king and his wife, the supposed descendants of Manco Capac. 11 Dualistic tendencies were also developed.Advertisement
- c. 18) says that Manco Capac " taught the subject nations to be men," and also founded the imperial city of Cuzco (= navel).
- We can thus easily calculate the capacity of a long thin wire like a telegraph wire far removed from the earth, as follows: Let 2r be the diameter of the wire, 1 its length, and the uniform Capac ity surface electric density..
- virtus, and a//pa, sweet), "the last of the Incas" (or Yncas) of Peru, was the son of the ruler Huayna Capac, by Pacha, the daughter of the conquered sovereign of Quito.
- His brother Huascar succeeded Huayna Capac in 1527; for, as Atahualipa was not descended on both sides from the line of Incas, Peruvian law considered him illegitimate.
- Cuscuta, Loranthus, Viscum, Thesiurn, Rhinanthus, &c.with various capac. ities for injury.Advertisement