Canrobert sentence example
- The 2nd Corps (Frossard) and 6th (Canrobert) began to retire about midday, the 3rd (Leboeuf), 4th (Ladmirault) and Imperial Guard (Bourbaki) were to follow.
- The army merely swung backwards, pivoting on its left wing, the corps preserving their relative order as it had been on the 16th, with the exception that the Imperial Guard was withdrawn to the spur on which Fort Plappeville stands, and the 6th Corps (Marshal Canrobert) crossed the line of march of the 3rd and 4th Corps in order to gain St Privat la Montagne.
- He returned to France in 1850, and in the Crimean War served under Canrobert as general of brigade.
- Francois Certain Canrobert >>
- In 1854 he was promoted general and appointed to the command of the English troops sent to the Crimea (see Crimean War) in co-operation with a strong French army under Marshal St Arnaud and afterwards, up to May 1855, under Marshal Canrobert.Advertisement