Canosa sentence example
- In its lower course it flows near Canosa and traverses the celebrated battlefield of Cannae.
- He fought in the constitutionalist army against the Austrians at Rieti (7th of March 1821), and on the re-establishment of autocracy he was arrested and imprisoned for three months by order of the prince of Canosa, the chief of police, his particular enemy.
- Jacobone, Ricerche sulfa storia e la topografia di Canosa Antica (Canosa di Puglia, 1905).
- Honore Augustin's successor, was made marquis of Campagna and count of Canosa, and people as well as rulers were accorded various important privileges.
- When King Ferdinand felt himself securely re-established at Naples he determined to exterminate the Carbonari, and to this end his minister of police, the prince of Canosa, set up another secret society called the Calderai del Contrappeso (braziers of the counterpoise), recruited from the brigands and the dregs of the people, who committed hideous excesses against supposed Liberals, but failed to exterminate the movement.Advertisement